GLOBAL RELATIONSHIP DIRECTOR AND COORDINATING PARTNER FINANCIAL SERVICES
ERNST & YOUNG
Ellen is Global Relationship Director and Coordinating Partner with Ernst & Young’s Financial Services Office with over twenty years experience having served numerous financial services, media entertainment, publishing and healthcare (including pharmaceutical, biotech, nutraceutical, and medical device) companies. Her focus has been on financial and technology advisory.
Ellen spent the first half of her career working in financial services, first at National Westminster Bank Plc (NatWest) overseeingthe Bank’s European clients operating in the US. Ellen was instrumental in helping the Bank establish its first computer based income reporting system and the implementation of capital adequacy.
Ellen was also led the first debt financed technology acquisition which received market recognition for one of the best structured transactions. Ellen has presented at number of Treasury Management Associations conferences during her tenure at NatWest and was nominated to the Bank’s ethics committee.
After leaving NatWest, Ellen joined Rabobank and oversaw the Northeast Healthcare practice transitioning the portfolio from provider to more profitable life sciences practice including biotechnology. Ellen worked closely with Rabobank analysts to publish documents detailing changes in the pharmaceutical and generic drug industry.
In addition, Ellen spearheaded the Bank’s efforts in social responsibility with over 600 volunteers. In 2000, given Ellen’s developing interest in technology and the changing economy, she was recruited by Gartner, the leading provider of IT thought leadership and spent 6 years with Gartner receiving Winner’s Circle Awards 5 years in a row.
Ellen lives in NYC and has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance from the Smith School of Business, University of Maryland and a Certificate in International Business from Northwestern's Kellogg School of Management.
She is also very committed to serving the community and her clients and has been recognized broadly by her peers and clients.
- CEO, Mon-Sai™ Jewelry
- Board Member, Cecilia Attias Foundation for Women
- Board Member, Vice Chairman, RedLight Children
- Board of Trustees, Alpha Epsilon Phi Sorority
- Facilitator of EY’s most prestigious women’s program, Issues on My Mind – Senator Olymia Snowe, Carla Harris, Vice Chairman of Morgan Stanley Private Wealth, Norah O’Donell, CBS Anchor
- Volunteer, New York Presbyterian Children’s Hospital
- CLC Member, Women’s Bond Club
- New York Women’s Foundation, Grant Advisory Committee Team Leader
- Speaker, Ascend Conference 2010
- Speaker, Deutsche Bank’s Woman on Wall Street – Asset Management Round Table
- Speaker, Treasury Management Association Corporate Relationship Management and Banking
- Selected as the Coach/Mentor of the Quarter (numerous) by EY’s FS Vice Chairman
- Recipient of the 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014 EY FSO Business Development Inclusivity Award
- Recipient of the 2014, Exception Client Service award, FS Business Development Organization
- Chosen by the National Westminster Bank’s PLC Executive Board for membership to the ethics committee